Glenwood is one of the oldest botanical garden systems in the world.
In fact, it was originally established by Thomas W. Campbell in 1855.
Over the years, Campbell had several gardeners donate land to the Glenbrook Garden, which eventually became the Glenmore Botanical Gardens.
In 1926, the Campbell family moved the Glenberry Garden to the new facility in the town of Glenwood.
The new facility was opened in 1953.
Today, Glenwood has more than 20 gardens and over 500 trees.
Here’s a look at the history of Glenbrook Botanical Garden.